The Western State College of Law Alumni Network is made up of nearly 12,000 individuals, including judges, district attorneys, public defenders, city attorneys, corporate counsel and private practitioners throughout the nation. The alumni network was developed with three purposes:
- To strengthen meaningful connections among alumni, students, faculty and the College of Law.
- To develop relevant and meaningful educational and social programs for alumni and future alumni to foster lifelong engagement.
- To support current students during their time at WSCL through mentorship and networking opportunities.
Recent and past graduates have extensive practice experience and unique perspectives to offer current students. Recent graduates are an ideal resource for advice on career search and bar exam preparation, while experienced alumni can offer expert insight on career development and expanding professional networks.
Four ways to get involved and give back
- Support competition teams and student organizations: Alumni play an integral role supporting current students in their competition teams or student organizations. You can look for an opportunity to serve as a judge at a competition or coach one of our student Moot Court teams. As our student organizations continue to grow, alumni can get involved by attending as guest speakers to share about their journey, firm or practice.
- Prepare students for their careers: We encourage alumni to help current students transition to the real world. Alumni can participate in mock interviews to help students prepare for the legal profession, or serve on career-related panels to answer questions from students about their job and the path they took to get there. In addition, we encourage alumni to connect with students to offer career pathway advice and mentorship. Alumni can also create internships and externship opportunities for current students or even hire Western State graduates.
- Participate in the WSCL Alumni Speaker Series: This series is an opportunity for alumni to speak to current students about their law school experience and help them transition from student to professional by providing career advice and speaking to trends in the legal community.
- Promote or host events: Alumni can volunteer to make phone calls or write emails to encourage attendance at events. In addition, we invite alumni to be event hosts, which helps the College of Law expand its reach and reconnect with alumni.
Interested in getting involved? Fill out our volunteer questionnaire and our Director of Alumni Relations will be in touch.
Why become a part of the WSCL Alumni Network?
Alumni have access to numerous complimentary and low-cost benefits, including access to the Alumni eNewsletter, which features information about and invitations to networking events and social mixers, as well as volunteer and mentorship opportunities. Alumni also have access to WSCL’s exclusive in-house job board, Symplicity, where they can promote job openings or look for new positions. This board reaches current students and the College of Law’s vast network of experienced alumni.
Lastly, we are proud to showcase our alumni and celebrate their accomplishments. Please send news and accomplishments by email to email@example.com. Don’t miss out on alumni networking opportunities or news: be sure to update your contact information.
We look forward to having you as part of our alumni network! For more information, please reach out to RJ Espinoza, Director of Alumni Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.