The Western State College of Law Library provides online, print, and other resources to our patrons. If you wish to speak to a reference librarian about Library resources, please call 714-459-1111.
- The Western State College of Law Library’s catalog contains information about online and print resources.
- The Library also maintains LAWS (Library and Archives of Western State). LAWS is an institutional repository that brings together our archival and research materials along with the Western State Law Review. (*Note that the Western State Law Review section is administered by the Law Review editors.)
- Library blog Keep up with the latest announcements, research tips, and other library happenings!
- The Library Computer Room provides access to several desktop computers for student use.
- Study Guides, textbooks, past exams, CDs, and other materials of interest to students are available for day-use at the Reserve Desk.
- Study tables and carrels are available throughout the library and found on both the first and second floors. The Library has seating, on the first floor, at tables across from the Reserve Desk and in the middle of the main book collection, as well as carrels in the back of the library and in the Quiet Study Room. On the second floor, the Collaborative Study Room also has study space.
- In addition to study tables and carrels, study rooms are another option for students. Rooms are mostly located in the library, but also can be found spread out through the building. They may be reserved at the Reserve Desk and are open to current students, as well as alumni studying for the bar exam. Both individual and group study rooms are available, and all are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students needing to print or photocopy can do so in either the main floor Library Computer Room or the Collaborative Study Room on the second floor.
- eCards (Copy Cards) for printing and photocopying are available for purchase in the Library’s Computer Room.
- Wireless Printing is possible! Anyone logged into the Western State wireless network may send printing to a print release station in the Library Computer Room or Collaborative Study Room and retrieve print jobs as long as they have an eCard. You may set up a Windows or Mac laptop for wireless printing. If you are unable to print, please ask library staff for assistance.
- Lexis Printers are located in the main floor Library Computer Room and on the second floor in the Collaborative Study Room.
- Access to the Library is limited to our current students, faculty, staff, alumni, students from other ABA and CBE law schools, attorneys, and judges. Off-campus access to our subscription databases is limited to only our current students, faculty, and staff.
|Day||Library Hours*||Reserve Desk Hours*||Reference Hours*|
|Monday - Thursday||7:00am – 12:00am||8:00am – 11:00pm||9:00am – 7:00pm|
|Friday||7:00am – 12:00am||8:00am – 11:00pm||9:00am – 6:00pm|
|Saturday||7:00am – 12:00am||8:00am – 11:00pm||No Reference Service|
|Sunday||7:00am – 12:00am||8:00am – 11:00pm||9:00am – 6:00pm|
Library hours may differ for visitors. If you have questions about hours, please call the library at 714-459-1111.
Interim Director / Associate Director of the Law Library
Technical Services Librarian
|Main Reserve / Reference Deskfirstname.lastname@example.org