M.S., Microbiology, University of California, San Diego
J.D., Whittier Law School
Introduction to Legal Methods (previously)
Basic Bar Studies (previously)
Professor Schindler has designed academic and bar exam support programs, created innovative curricula, directed bar preparation programs as well as pre-admission law school programs, taught courses and workshops in all California bar tested subjects, and published books that enable students to pass the bar exam.
In addition to teaching and publishing on bar exam subjects and test taking strategies, Professor Schindler has graded and lectured for several bar preparation companies. She has also served on several committees related to bar passage for the Association of Academic Support Educators (AASE). As an expert in the field of academic and bar support, Professor Schindler has been invited to present on bar exam topics at multiple national conferences and to teach MBE subject specific workshops for schools across the country. She has also taught substantive law school classes including Remedies.
Prior to her academic career, Professor Schindler drafted patent applications and worked with clients to earn patents for their innovative inventions. As she has taken the patent bar exam through the USPTO, she is also a licensed patent agent.
Professor Schindler has a passion for teaching and helping students achieve success regardless of the subject she is teaching. She has worked with several schools to create curriculum that has enabled at risk students to succeed in law school. Her innovative curriculum has also resulted in increased bar passage rates at every school she has worked with.
- Essay Exam Writing for the California Bar Exam, Wolters Kluwer (2012), with Mary Basick.
- Your Guide to Taking the Bar (Again), Wolters Kluwer (2012), with M. Basick, K. Elkin, S. Emanuel, and R. La Puma.
- California Performance Test Workbook, Wolters Kluwer (2013), with Mary Basick.
- Essay Exam Writing for the California Bar Exam, 2nd Ed., Wolters Kluwer (2018), with Mary Basick.
- California Performance Test Workbook, 2nd Ed., Wolters Kluwer (2020), with Mary Basick.
- MBE Decoded: Multistate Bar Exam, Wolters Kluwer (2021), with Mary Basick.
- Bar Success Program Profile: Southwestern Law School, Raising the Bar Newsletter, Volume 5, Issue 3, AccessLex Institute, Summer 2022
- Improving Multiple-Choice Test Taking Performance, AASE Annual Conference, Texas A & M Law School, May 2017
- Maximizing MBE Success in a Post-Covid World, AASE Annual Conference, American University Washington College of Law (virtual presentation), May 2021
- MBE Decoded: Skills & Strategies; Refresher workshops on Real Property, Constitutional Law, and Contracts, Saint Louis University School of Law, March and April 2022