Transfer Applicants Questions? Contact Us
Western State College of Law welcomes students who are in good standing at another ABA accredited or California Bar Examiners law school.
For applicants who have been academically disqualified or dismissed from another ABA accredited or California Bar Examiners law school, you cannot start as a first year law student until one year from the date of disqualification or dismissal has passed.
What to Submit
- Application - We only accept electronic applications submitted through the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) at www.lsac.org.
- Nonrefundable $60 application fee - If you have been granted a fee waiver, the application fee will automatically be waived upon applying. Request a fee waiver here. There is no application fee for Spring!
- Credential Assembly Service (CAS) - Applicants must order a CAS report to be sent to Western State.
- Personal Statement - Submit a personal statement including your reason(s) for seeking transfer to Western State.
- Transcripts - Submit an official transcript of your completed law school coursework to either Western State or LSAC. All admitted students who plan on matriculating should have their official transcript showing their degree conferred sent directly to Western State from the school at which they have earned the bachelor's degree prior to matriculation.
- Letter of Standing - Letter from the Dean or Registrar at the law school you have attended indicating that you are in good standing, eligible to return and that there are no disciplinary actions pending or currently on file.
- Letters of Recommendation - Two letters of recommendation are required to be submitted through the LSAC Letter of Recommendation Service. LSAC forwards letters of recommendation to Western State once a week. Please do not send duplicate letters directly to Western State. If necessary, letters of recommendation may also be sent directly to Western State from the recommender. Recommendations from law professors are strongly recommended.
- Resume - A resume is optional but highly recommended.
- Addenda - As required.
|Maximum semester units allowed to transfer:|
|ABA approved law school:||CBE approved law school:|
|43 units||29 units|
Class standing and grade point averages for Western State are computed solely on the basis of grades achieved while matriculated to Western State.
Transfer admittance is a two step process. First, the full application is reviewed by the Admission Committee. Once the candidate is admitted, the prior law school transcript is evaluated by the Academic Dean and Registrar. The number of units accepted in transfer is determined in line with Western State’s academic policy.
2017 (Spring 2018)
- September 1 - Applications available on LSAC for Spring (January) starting class
- December 1 - Last day to apply for Spring (January) term
- January TBD - Orientation, mandatory for entering students
- January TBD - First day of Spring term main session
2016 (Fall 2017)
- October 1 - Applications available on LSAC for Fall (August) starting class
- April 1 - $300 first commitment deposit due from admitted students
- June 1 - $200 second commitment deposit due from admitted students
- July 1 - Last day to apply for Fall (August) term
- August TBD - Orientation - mandatory for all students
- August TBD - First day of Fall term main session