Student Services

Student Services photo

Located in the Main Building in Room 212, the Student Services Office aims at enhancing the student experience at Western State.

Mailing Address

Western State College of Law
Student Finance Office
1 Banting
Irvine, CA 92618-3601

Phone: (714) 459-1120
Fax: (714) 525-6721

Office Hours

  • Monday: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
  • Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
  • Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
  • Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
  • Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Student Resources

Student Parking Permit

Students who plan to park on campus are required to have a parking permit at all times. Permits cost $115.00 per semester. This amount is automatically charged as part of your tuition when you register at the beginning of the semester. If you elect to not park on campus, you may complete a Parking Waiver Request and submit it to the Student Services Office for reimbursement.

To acquire a parking permit, you must complete a Parking Application and Information Sheet and submit it to the Student Services Office in person. At this time, you will receive your gate card and parking sticker. The parking sticker must be displayed on the lower right (passenger) side of your windshield.

Visitor Pass

A visitor pass is valid for one day and may be purchased in the Student Services Office for $5.00. When purchasing a visitor pass, you must provide the vehicle information of the car that will be on campus including the license plate number, make and color of the vehicle. Students may only purchase a visitor pass up to three times per semester.

CSUF Recreation Center

Get a workout after class by taking advantage of Cal State Fullerton’s state-of-the-art Student Recreation Center (SRC), conveniently located across the street from campus. The SRC offers one of the largest cardio/weight rooms on a west coast campus! The two-level space also supports a multi-court gymnasium, indoor jogging track, racquetball courts, a rocking climbing wall, cardio studio, spin room, swimming pool, and more. As a Western State student, you can enjoy this perk at a special discounted rate! For more information, contact the Student Services Office by calling

State Bar Information

There are numerous requirements for successful admission to practice law in any state. If you are interested in taking the Bar Examination in California, we strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with the necessary requirements and deadlines on the State Bar of California website.

If you are considering practicing law in a state other than California, please make sure to familiarize yourself with the requirements of that State early on in your legal education. The requirements for each state vary greatly and it is imperative you are aware of all steps you must take now and in the future to ensure your ability to work as a licensed attorney in that state.  For example, some states require that the Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE) be taken and passed prior to taking the Bar examination, other states may not have this requirement This is only one example of such differences.  Be sure you are aware early on in your legal education of all requirements of the state’s Bar for which you will be sitting. The American Bar Association has a link to State Bar websites which provides information on all states licensing requirements.

Student Support

We’re here to support you! The commitment required to be successful in law school can be stressful. We want to provide you the resources you need to make your learning experience a positive one.

Disabled Student Services

The Americans with Disabilities (ADA) along with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act were enacted to provide a clear and comprehensive mandate for the elimination of the discrimination against individuals with disabilities. In compliance with these laws, we are dedicated to making a reasonable effort to provide accommodations for qualified student with known disabilities.

Western State makes a reasonable effort to provide accommodations for qualified students with known disabilities. It is the student’s responsibility to self-identify as a student with disabilities and provide medical documentation of those disabilities. Confidentiality will be maintained to the extent consistent with approved accommodations. For more information, contact the Disabled Student Services Coordinator at 714-459-1117.

Student Counseling

Confidential counseling services are offered free of charge to Western State students. Dr. Gerri Winkleman, Ph.D., MFT is a licensed professional counselor and can provide counseling on both academic and personal life issues. Her office hours are Tuesdays from 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. To leave a confidential message for Dr. Winkelman, call 714-459-1160 or to schedule an appointment, please contact Joyce McCune at 714-459-1109.

Best wishes for a successful academic career at Western State. We look forward to working with you!